Sports coaches teach sports skills to individuals and teams of all sporting abilities, from beginners to international professionals. If you love sports and want to help people perform at their highest level, this could be the career for you.
- Organise sports training
- Introduce new sports to interested groups and individuals
- Assist individuals and teams wishing to improve their performance
- Help and develop people’s health and well-being
- Motivate clients to achieve new levels
- Maintain training records
- Many sports coaches work with children and young adults.
- Positive outlook
- Willing and helpful attitude
- Ability to motivate and inspire confidence
- Good communication skills
- Ability to plan
- Good organisational skills
Qualifications & Training
To become a sports coach, you will need to have a coaching qualification that is recognised by the governing body for your sport.
£12,000 - £20,000