National Apprenticeship Week & Scottish Apprenticeship Week
Monday 06 March 2017
The 10th National Apprenticeship Week and Apprenticeship Week Scotland will bring together employers and apprentices from across England to celebrate the success of apprenticeships over the last decade and will seek to encourage even more people to choose apprenticeships in the hospitality industry as a fast-track to a great career.
Apprenticeships offer a great way to get into work, earn and learn at the same time. See what the hospitality apprentices say about their experiences:
- “It’s taught me great customer service skills.” Chloe from QHotels
- “I've found it a useful way to develop and get professional training.” Keenan from Sodexo
- “My apprenticeship was an exciting opportunity with great support.” Mitchell from BaxterStorey
- “It’s like coming to work to do your hobby.” Craig from Sodexo
- “It opens up wider opportunities and creates a future for me.” James from Lexington Catering
- “My apprenticeship is challenging inspiring and exciting.” Chantel from Harrison Catering
- “Im learning every day and they are paying me too." Bethany from BaxterStorey
- “It’s not just a training course but a way of life, and I like to volunteer for company events.” Louise from Lexington
- “I am growing more eager day by day to climb up the ladder in the hospitality industry.” Olivia from Apex City Quay Hotel and Spa
For more information about apprenticeships and employers currently offering them take a look at our Apprenticeship pages.
Visit National Apprenticeship Week Events for information on Apprenticeship events during the week. Also visit Gov UK to search and apply for apprenticeships in your area; and visit www.apprenticeships.scot/Apprenticeship/Week for information on events in Scotland.
Get involved on social media by using the hashtags: #NAW2017 and #ScotAppWeek17