Conference & Banqueting Steward
You’ll be working in various formal settings, serving food and drink to those celebrating and those hard at work.
- Provide a quality service to guests
- Accepting deliveries of food, wine, drinks and hired equipment
- Laying out the table appropriately
- Preparing the bar, serving both drinks and food
- Clearing up and helping with the washing of glasses, china and cutlery
- Anticipating the needs of guests
- Excellent customer skills
- Experience in serving food and drink
- Using your initiative
- Good team work skills
Qualifications and Training
For this role employers don’t tend to look for specific qualifications or training. They usually are trying to find the right personality and/or array of experience. Good communication skills, an enthusiastic and positive attitude to work and the ability to work well in a team are all considered important.
A Conference & Banqueting Steward can expect to earn between £14,000 and £18,000 a year, but can earn as much as £20,000.
Salary rates vary depending upon your experience, as well as the company. These figures are only intended as a guide.*
The bonus bits…
- Varied hours
- Most companies will supply you with your own uniform
*Figures supplied by the National Careers Service December 2015