As a Concierge you are based at the reception and your responsibility is to assist guests as they arrive, and during their stay.
- Handles guests requests no matter how small (anything from reserving theatre tickets to tracking down lost luggage)
- In charge of entrance, meet and greets guests as well as providing security
- Handles coats, bags, briefcases and other items upon guests arrival
- Offer advice and guidance about the local area and travel routes
- Complies with company security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Calm and friendly attitude
- Organisational skills
- Positive attitude
- Excellent grooming standards
- Customer Service Experience
Qualifications and Training
You will need a good standard of education and ideally some related qualifications. You may want to look into further study in College.
You may want to consider the following qualifications:
- NVQs or SVQs
- City & Guilds diplomas in hospitality
- BTEC or HND in hospitality
A Concierge can expect to earn between £12,000 and £17,000 a year
Salary rates vary depending upon your experience, as well as the company. These figures are only intended as a guide.*
The bonus bits…
There are plenty of opportunities for career development to managerial positions.
* Figures from the Hospitality Guild November 2013