You’ll be in the Hotels laundry department processing both guests and hotels laundry and linen
- Deal with the suppliers of linen
- Organise cleaning materials
- Check items for damage or stains
- Tag items with bar codes or computer chips for identification
- Use water and chemicals to remove stains before processing
- Load items into machines
- Finish by drying, pressing and folding
- Occasionally handle the collection, delivery, replacement and transportation of larger items.
- Team work
- Physical dexterity
- A keen eye for detail
- Knowledge of cleaning substances
Qualifications and Training
You don’t need any particular qualifications or training to begin your career as a Laundry Assistant. If you wish to advance you will need various hygiene certificates and qualifications under your belt.
A Laundry Assistant can expect to earn between £13,000 and £15,000 a year
Salary rates vary depending upon your experience, as well as the company. These figures are only intended as a guide.*
The bonus bits…
- Most companies will supply you with your own uniform.
- With on-the-job qualifications and experience you have the opportunities to work yourself up the career ladder to Management
*Figures from the National Careers Service December 2015