Children’s Entertainers look after groups of kids at their holiday destination by making sure they enjoy their holiday experience.
- Work with different age groups. Often 3-7 , 8-11 and Teens.
- Organise and run different sessions. Whilst the list is endless, activities could range from sports, games, arts and crafts through to a pirate-themed mini disco for the kids or even a mind-blowing chocolate party.
- Holding a welcome meeting to both parents and children to give information about resort facilities and activities.
- Keeping an information board and a folder of useful information up-to-date at each hotel
- Confidence around young people with the ability to tailor activities to suit a variety of age ranges
- Self-confidence with a pleasant, outgoing nature
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- The ability to speak one or more foreign languages if working overseas
- Good organisational skills
- The ability to work well under pressure and without supervision
- The ability to work in a team
- Computer skills for completing paperwork and reports
- Sales skills for promoting activities
- Flexibility and willingness to work long, irregular hours
Qualifications & Training
Most posts require you to have relevant experience in appropriate childcare, sports and activities and many require a relevant First Aid Certificate. However, may employers will support you in getting these qualifications and some may provide them in-house.
Many posts come with free accommodation and you can still expect to start on around £500 per month.