A Modern Apprenticeship is available on Apex's Food and Beverage Assistant vacancies across all Edinburgh Hotels. It enables individuals to combine employment and training and is undertaken while you are in employment.
- Previous experience of food and beverage desirable, preferably in a 4 star environment.
- A food service related SVQ (or equivalent) is beneficial but full training will be given.
- Experience of working with Micros systems desirable.
- Customer service experience is essential
As a Food and Beverage Assistant your responsibilities will include:
- Able to work in all areas of Food and Beverage including Bar, Restaurant, Room Service and Conference.
- Welcome guests to their table in a polite and friendly manner
- Take and deliver customer orders.
- Prepare the restaurant for service
- Follow cash handling procedures
- Manage guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Up-sell our products in line with departmental incentives
- Ensure compliance of brand standards
- Ensure cleanliness of work areas at all times
You must have excellent communication and organisation skills, be a strong team player and have a passion for customer service. You will be expected to be able to act on your own initiative as well as adhere to instructions.
You will be friendly and approachable; you will go the extra mile for our guests; you will provide highly consistent good service and you will lead by example.
Established in 1996, Apex Hotels is one of the UK's leading operators of contemporary 4* city centre hotels. Apex Hotels is a family owned Scottish company based in Edinburgh, London, Glasgow and Dundee operating with a mission to provide chic and stylish destination properties in key markets across the UK. Customer service is the primary focus for all members of the Apex Hotel team. The company has a reputation for providing a 'friendly face' to all guests and aims to provide positive opportunities for interaction with staff at every property.
- Pension scheme operated by The People’s Pension
- Employee assistance programme
- Critical illness cover
- Employee reward scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Free meals when on duty
- Use of gym & pool facilities(where available)
- Taxi contribution if you’re starting early or finishing late
- Restaurant & spa discount
- Guest experience overnight stay
- Employee of the Month scheme