A Modern Apprenticeship is available on Apex's Room Attendant vacancies across all Edinburgh Hotels. It enables individuals to combine employment and training and is undertaken while you are in employment.
Previous experience of working in a housekeeping department is highly desirable.
Reporting to the Head Housekeeper, a Room Attendant will maintain standards of cleanliness within all areas of the hotel. Your responsibilities include:
- Cleaning the guest bedrooms and bathroom facilities.
- Responsible for cleaning a set number of rooms each day to Apex Company Standards.
- Reporting any damaged items to the supervisor
- Attending to guest's requests and maintaining security.
You will be enthusiastic, have excellent personal presentation and be a good timekeeper. You must possess excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and retain exceptional attention to detail. You will also be courteous and professional at all times aiming to achieve high levels of standards.
You will be friendly and approachable; you will go the extra mile for our guests; you will provide highly consistent good service and you will lead by example.
Established in 1996, Apex Hotels is one of the UK's leading operators of contemporary 4* city centre hotels. Apex Hotels is a family owned Scottish company based in Edinburgh, London, Glasgow and Dundee operating with a mission to provide chic and stylish destination properties in key markets across the UK. Customer service is the primary focus for all members of the Apex Hotel team. The company has a reputation for providing a 'friendly face' to all guests and aims to provide positive opportunities for interaction with staff at every property.
- Pension scheme operated by The People’s Pension
- Employee assistance programme
- Critical illness cover
- Employee reward scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Free meals when on duty
- Use of gym & pool facilities(where available)
- Taxi contribution if you’re starting early or finishing late
- Restaurant & spa discount
- Guest experience overnight stay
- Employee of the Month scheme