YO! Sushi are searching for team members to join their new concept branch in Boxpark, Croydon.
Salary TBC + benefits + free food on your shift!
This April, we are set to open a new concept of YO! in Boxpark Croydon. We’re stripping back to basics and ditching the belt; focusing on Japanese sushi and street food, innovation, culture and provenance. Fish isn’t the only thing on the menu either. It’s an environment where there’s an incredible amount to learn, see and do. We have one role, so team members will dish up our exciting new dishes as well as ensure our guests have a great time. There’ll be lots of questions to answer and lots of orders to juggle. So you’ll have the chance to develop the type of communication skills that will be useful wherever you go in life. In return for your dazzling contribution, we’ll give you a clear path up the YO! Sushi ladder, together with a tasty salary and benefits package. Interested? Here’s what we’d like you to do:
- Dish up some of the finest quality recipes this side of Japan
- Make our guests feel like it’s their birthday, even if it isn’t
- To get stuck in and help keep everything ridiculously spotless and organised
- To be up for fun and help your team mates – they’ll return the favour
- Explain the menu (incredibly, some people still don’t know what Takoyaki is!)
- Be the type of happy, patient and informed person you’d want to be served by if you were ravenous
- Be funky (we’re not sure what this means but it sounds good)
Whilst we can teach you a lot, we’d still like you to bring a few skills to the table, namely:
- A real love for food
- Experience in a similar environment would be preferred, but if you’ve got the right attitude and want to learn then we can train you
- A customer focus, remembering that the guy on the other side pays all our wages
- A nice cool head even when things are manically busy
- A good team spirit
- A flair for sales
- The skills to give the guest what they need (which is more than just a pair of chopsticks)
Still with us? Great. Then get in touch and we’ll get things moving as quickly as one of our lunchtime shifts. You must be eligible to work in the UK.