Cheval Residences are looking for 2 summer placements, one for 3 months and another for 6 months. The role is luggage porter.
Employer: Cheval Residences
Job Title: Porter
To assist guests with luggage, collect and distribute post, deal with general enquiries, ensure building security and keep the lobby and forecourt areas clean and tidy.
- To be present at the Concierge/Reception desk or in the lobby to be ready to assist guests, colleagues and visitors when requested.
- To assist the senior Concierge on duty with his/her duties during busy periods and breaks.
- To provide an efficient luggage storage, delivery and collection service.
- To provide car jockeying and valet parking services to guests.
- To deliver and collect post and messages to guests and internally.
- To respond to guest requests and queries providing a knowledgeable, efficient and helpful information service.
- To ensure that all chargeable items are charged correctly.
- To patrol the premises at agreed intervals to ensure the security of guests and the building, using the patrol system in place.
- To assist with answering the telephone and taking messages, transferring calls or dealing with enquiries.
- To maintain the tidiness of forecourts, driveways, gardens and building perimeter and assist with the cleanliness of public areas outside of cleaners’ hours of work.
- To control forecourt car parking so that the driveway is clear for traffic movement at all times.
- To escalate any issues that cannot be resolved to a more senior member of the concierge team.
- To provide a rubbish collection service outside of Housekeeping hours.
- To be fully conversant with emergency procedures and the use of emergency equipment.
- To be fully conversant with fire alarm systems and evacuation procedures.
- To carry out minor maintenance duties out of maintenance working hours.
- To undertake other duties and tasks that from time to time may be allocated to the job holder that are appropriate to (the grade of) the job.
- To comply with all relevant internal rules, policy and procedures, including those relating to Health and Safety, Data Protection etc, and all those contained within the issued Colleague Handbook.
Good written and spoken level of English
Good communication skills
Good customer service skills
Ability to perform manual handling tasks
Able to work on own initiative or within a small team
Basic knowledge of London attractions and transport facilities
Able to perform simple maintenance tasks e.g. changing light bulbs, unblocking sinks
Good IT skills including Word, Outlook and Internet
Ability to communicate in languages other than English