They breathe life into our brands. They make great things happen. Sometimes, they just make you smile. Every day, in every corner of the country, 60,000 Compass people are brightening the day for our clients and their customers.
They’re not just at the heart of our business – they are our business. And we need lots more just like them. We know better than anyone that in a service business your people make more of a difference than anything else. So we pull out all the stops to ensure our training and benefits are unbeatable. That way, we get to attract and retain the best of the best.
The Customer Service role will be based in the heart of Bourneville. Monday to Friday role, 40hrs per week
Times between 07:30-17:30.
Duties will include:
- Greeting customers who enter the shop.
- Be involved in stock control and management.
- Assisting shoppers to find the goods and products they are looking for.
- Being responsible for processing cash and card payments.
- Stocking shelves with merchandise.
- Answering queries from customers.
- Reporting discrepancies and problems to the supervisor.
- Giving advice and guidance on product selection to customers.
- Balancing cash registers with receipts.
- Dealing with customer refunds.
- Keeping the store tidy and clean, this includes hovering and mopping.
- Responsible dealing with customer complaints.
- Working within established guidelines, particularly with brands.
- Attaching price tags to merchandise on the shop floor.
- Responsible for security within the store and being on the look out for shoplifters and fraudulent credit cards etc.
- Receiving and storing the delivery of large amounts of stock
- Keeping up to date with special promotions and putting up displays
The personal skills that are required for the job:
- Having a friendly and engaging personality.
- Comfortable working with members of the public.
- Should have a confident manner.
- Must be helpful and polite.
- Assistants should be physically fit as they will be on their feet for most of the day and may be required to lift large amounts of stock.
- You should have a comprehensive understanding of your area of sales i.e. retail
- Able to work as part of a sales team.
- Knowledge of inventory techniques.
- Should be of a smart appearance and articulate