Lexington is a team of vibrant and creative individuals who deliver excellent food and service, creating an environment where people can have fun and be the best they can at work.
Set up in 2002, Lexington is an award-winning contract caterer that puts people at the heart of the business. We have over 850 employees in our team and an enviable client portfolio in London and the South East of England.
As an award-winning contract caterer we focus on providing great food and service to our customers. To do this we need fabulous people and we work hard to create an environment where our people feel engaged, inspired and valued.
We recognise the need to be flexible and provide extra cover for events. This is why we have created a dedicated Client Support Team with people who are fully trained in the Lexington way and who are familiar members of the team. There’s nothing like being recognised for doing a good job and that’s why we’re so proud of the long list of awards we’ve won.
We are search for our next apprentice.
Post Title: Apprentice Chef
Liaises with: Head Chef/Mentor/Lex School of Talent
To prepare food to the highest standard. To ensure the continual requirement of day to day running of any given job or section within the kitchen. And at college maintain these high standards as you will be representing the business when in the kitchen and classroom.
Necessary Operational Skills:
- Job Knowledge
- To be in on time and ready to work
- To be prepared for any level of job or duty
- To show interest and willingness to learn
- Ensure that cooking/presentation of food is to a constant high standard
- Ensure all time schedules are achieved when required
- To ensure that food tasks are in line with the site standards
- To assist in ensuring that the cleanliness is maintained within the kitchen
- To be keen and enthusiastic at all times within the kitchen environment
- Ensure the highest standards of cleanliness of all areas in the kitchen and equipment
- Ensure that the correct cleaning materials are used
- Ensure that there is a thorough understanding of the daily and weekly cleaning schedules and COSHH
- To practice and encourage skills learnt at college as well as at work
- To have an understanding of the customers’ needs
Necessary Interpersonal Skills:
- Effective Communicator; Verbal (Speech) and Non-Verbal (Listening), Team Worker, Customer Care and Flexibility
- To ensure attendance at all chef briefings
- Ensure attendance of all relevant training and development courses
- Ensure that there is a clear understanding as to the long and short term duties through schedules and team meetings
Necessary General Skills:
- Initiative, Adaptability, Flexibility, Reliability, Implementation, Work Standards
- Ensure that the above skills are used to provide an efficient, quality service to both client and company
- That reasonable overtime worked is seen as vital to your training
- Ensure that simple food preparation is done
- Ensure that training on all electrical equipment is done with the recommended guild lines or under supervision.
- To follow all reporting procedures as mentioned in the handbook with regards to absence and holidays
Because of the changing nature of our business your job description will inevitably change. You will, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by management.