ESS has been a market leader in the Defence and Government Services sectors for over 40 years. As well as providing quality catering, retail and leisure services, we offer a portfolio of superior and sustainable soft services, including: hotel, cleaning, waste management, security and reception services. At ESS, health and wellbeing is critical. We support the wellbeing of thousands of military and police personnel and civil servants who carry out strategically important work, often in challenging conditions. That’s why we have a team of registered nutritionists who work with our clients and consumers to support them in their work.
ESS Way / Compass Group have two fantastic opportunities Helston. Click here for more information and to apply!
Job Title Bar Person
Responsible to Mess Manager
Location RNAS Culdrose, Helston
Overall Purpose of the Role
To provide an efficient bar / cellar service for mess members and to ensure control of Bar stock and takings (cash and chits) during the shift in strict accordance with Company and Mess procedures.
- Ensure you are aware of & comply with all client & company health & safety procedures and standards at all times e.g. Food Handling, COSHH, uniforms & PPE, Manual handling, Fire procedures, Quality control
- Ensure you have high standards of personal hygiene and appearance at all times and that you are wearing the correct uniform. Also, conduct must remain professional at all times.
- To ensure the bar operation meets the requirement of the client as directed by the management and is in line with company policy procedures. Take responsibility of all stock, cash and chits IAW policies and procedures as attached, including the security of these commodities.
- Follow the cleaning schedule as laid out for the bar and ensure it is signed for correctly.
- Carry out stock take weekly and monthly, Line cleans fortnightly (alternate weeks per bar), also ensuring communication to management for ordering requirements.
- Assist as an when required with the loading or unloading of supply vehicles (deliveries)
- Support with hospitality/functions service delivery effectively and efficiently
- Perform other general tasks which may from time to time be required by, and deemed reasonable by the Management.
- Undertake mandatory training as detailed in the training matrix, ensuring all training is recorded on your training record card and to complete all on-line training
- Be flexible and comply with any reasonable requests made by the management including if necessary working within other units within reasonable distance
- Learn and demonstrate the ESS Way behaviours at all times to colleagues, customers & clients
- Defects are to be reported to the management at the soonest opportunity once known.
- A good communicator, able to liaise confidently with customers and engage with team members
- Self motivated and able to work unsupervised
- A positive attitude and committed to high levels of customer care
- An enthusiastic individual with a passion for working in a hospitality environment
- High standards of personal hygiene
- Able to work flexibly in line with business requirements
- Able to undertake a range of manual cleaning duties
- Integrity – Respects colleagues & customers
- Health & Safety – Follows the right procedures and challenges unsafe behaviour
- Can Do – Is flexible and takes initiative
- Passion – Is positive & proud of doing a great job
- Responsibility – Takes ownership and doesn’t leave things to others or say ‘it’s not my job’
- Teamwork – Shares knowledge and experience with other team members
Experience of working in a similar role
Compass is also looking for a Kitchen Porter at the ESS site. Further information will be distributed in due course