Tucked away in the heart of historic St James’s, and just minutes from London’s iconic landmarks and vibrant West End, The Stafford London is the epitome of traditional British luxury. The Stafford London is home to the renowned American Bar, a London institution, and The Game Bird, a restaurant which celebrates contemporary British cooking.
When you work for us not only will you be working for one of London’s most historic five-star hotels but you will also be working for a Company where the skills and knowledge you gain here will be recognised in the industry worldwide.
At The Stafford London, we have a real passion for hospitality. Our purpose is to create a ‘home away from home’, 5* experience for our guests; our people make this possible. If you are empowered, innovative and possess the drive to deliver only the best results then this may be the place for you.
Why join the family at The Stafford London?
Be Our Guest Programme for our new team members. This includes:
- Complimentary dinner for two at our award winning restaurant The Game Bird after a successful 3 month probationary period
- Complimentary one night stay at The Stafford after one year of service
- 50% discount in our food & beverage outlets
- £100 guest room rate for team members
Reward and Recognition Programme, including:
- Team Member Referral Scheme
- Access to over 200+ discounts and deals via Perkbox
- Employee of the Quarter
- Employee of the Year
- Core Values Champion prize giveaways
- Stafford Legacy Club - long service awards
- Quarterly Social Events
- Company pension plan
- Comprehensive onboarding programme for our newest team members
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Wellness Programmes
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Child care vouchers
- Ride to Work Scheme
About the Role:
To issue uniforms and linen to staff according to systems and the procedures laid down by the hotel management. To take inventory and control movement of soiled, damaged and fresh linen and uniforms.
- Places linen and uniforms in containers for transport to laundry
- To sort and count items, and record number of items soiled
- To examine laundered items to ensure cleanliness and serviceability
- To send torn articles to the seamstress for repair
- Store laundered linen and uniforms on shelves after verifying numbers and types of articles
- Issue linen and uniforms, which are both to be exchanged on a clean-for-soiled basis only
- Ensure that the linen and uniforms are neatly and systematically arranged and stacked
- Give on the job training for new joiners
- Receive, sort and double check the condition of all linen and uniforms, records all outgoing and incoming from the laundry thoroughly before storing and issuing
- Make available equipment/cleaning materials generally required for effective output
- Assist Linen Room/Uniform Supervisor in checking quality and quantity of all new incoming textiles to ensure they meet the Hotel's specifications and provide new incoming stocks with accurate stamps
- Ensure high standard of cleanliness in the Linen and Uniform Department.
- Report to the Linen Room/ Uniform Supervisor when stocks reach the minimum for order purposes
Should know basic tailoring works, and pervious experience in a similar role is preferred.
Qualities we admire:
- Physical mobility
- Ability to follow instruction
- Professional attitude is required
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent attention to details.
- Eager to learn & open to training and development
- A positive attitude
- Strives to deliver excellent service
- Team players