Are you a driven, ambitious and experienced Commis Chef looking to take your career to the next level?
Would you like to earn whilst you learn?
We have a very exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Chef de Partie to join our team.
You do not need to have any Chef de Partie experience as full training will be provided as part of the Apprenticeship. This is an ideal opportunity for either a Commis Chef or someone with kitchen experience looking to develop and progress their career. Apprenticeship are for everyone regardless of age!
Over a 12 month period you will be trained to become a fully Qualified Chef de Partie.
You will be responsible for keeping the kitchen running smoothly by being competent in the preparation of basic and advanced mise en place across all sections. You will support the running of the majority of sections during service. You will demonstrate and teach the core mechanics of a kitchen, and engage junior members of staff at every opportunity to further their development.
- In charge of overseeing and managing all Commis/Junior chef responsibilities
- Accountable for own section and the competency of Junior chefs
- Responsible for the preparation of patient, staff and hospitality meals
- Required to observe, learn, teach and experiment with plating techniques
- Managing less experienced members of the team
- Keen to improve and be confident enough to propose alternative suggestions to plating, cooking and seasoning
- Continuing to learn and understand different ingredients, cuisine style and usage, with a greater focus on seasonality and their flavour profiles
- Demonstrate independence by frequently taste all dishes and their ingredients and to actively engage Junior chefs to do the same
- Continuing to refine your own palate by requesting feedback from Senior Chefs
- To be inquisitive and curious about flavour pairing,cooking techniques, cuisine styles and usage
- Supporting Junior chefs on the receipt of food deliveries from suppliers
- Keeping all food storage areas immaculate, understanding and performing correct stock rotation and labelling
- Ensuring the maintenance of kitchen work areas
- Performing daily cleaning rotas
To apply for this job visit www.compass-careers.co.uk and enter compass/TP/248172/45418