Firmdale hotels are very proud to offer 2 apprenticeship programmes that promote careers for professional cookery within the luxury hotel sector.
Headed up by our Executive Head Chef, Robin Read, Firmdale Hotels operate 7 Restaurants within 8 of our 5 star luxury boutique style hotels in London. We are passionate about using fresh ingredients that match the changing of the seasons and our menus are inspired by a modern British influence. As a chef apprentice you will be a fundamental addition to our kitchen team, you will be supported through your apprenticeship by our experienced senior chefs and they will share their knowledge and help you achieve your qualification by the end of your first 12 months.
Each of our apprenticeship programmes are delivered alongside our colleagues from Umbrella Training, with over 100 years of hospitality training you will be guided through the apprenticeship by a personal Learning manager and have access to some of Umbrella Trainings exclusive culinary clubs so that you keep up to date with the latest innovations or enhance your skills from some of the leading establishments within the world of professional cookery.
Commis Chef Apprenticeship (Level 2)
The Firmdale Commis Chef apprenticeship offers you the opportunity to work alongside our experienced kitchen teams as you begin your culinary career. The apprenticeship has been designed to develop your ability to carry out fundamental cooking tasks and functions across all sections of our professional kitchens under the supervision of a senior chef.
Whilst developing your knowledge and learning new skills you will be working in one of our professional kitchens within our 5 star hotels. Our passionate chefs will help guide you and offer opportunities and experiences that will help you work towards your qualification.
Gaining a Commis Chef apprenticeship could lead you onto furthering your career within a professional kitchen at the end of your first year we will discuss with you the opportunity to continue your development into the Chef de Partie apprenticeship
Chef de Partie Apprenticeship (Level 3)
Working alongside our experienced chefs the Chef de Partie apprenticeship will develop your skills and techniques in advanced craft preparation, cooking and the design of complex dishes. You will also learn how to manage, lead and motivate your kitchen section team effectively.
You will be based in one of our commercial kitchens situated within one of our 5 star hotels. Our team of experienced chefs will share with you their guidance and support and enhance your skills and knowledge for the role of a Chef de Partie. Our fresh take on seasonal menus will provide you with the opportunity to work with the best ingredients and challenge you to adapt and learn new skills.
We are looking for the very best people to join our exclusive apprenticeships, you will need;
- A passion for food and service
- Enthusiasm and desire to succeed
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent team working skills
- Superb attention to detail and driven by delivering exception standards
- Resilience and drive to get things right first time
- A determination to complete your qualification
In return you will receive;
- £16,500 per annum
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing one day per years’ service
- Companywide and departmental incentives
- Firmdale Experience and Long Service vouchers (Afternoon tea, dinner for two, Film Club and an overnight stay)
- Award winning training opportunities (WSET, supplier visits, Masterclasses to name a few)
We believe that we offer a great place for you to work but it is always nice when others think we do a good job too! To name a few of our recent awards and accolades;
- Restaurant Team of the Year, Ham Yard Hotel at The Cateys 2018
- Firmdale Hotels - “Winner of the Best Employer Award at The Cateys 2017 and Number One in The Caterer Best Places to Work in Hospitality”
- HR Team of the Year at the Hotel Cateys 2017
- Restaurant Team of the Year, Ham Yard Hotel at the Hotel Cateys 2017
- Best Chef Development Strategy Award at the Springboard Awards 2017
- Firmdale Hotels – “Excellence in Employee Engagement”, HR in Hospitality 2016
- Firmdale Hotels – “Candidate Experience Award”, Caterer.com People Awards 2016
- Ham Yard Hotel – “Best Afternoon Tea Award”, Harden’s 2016
- Sarah Williams – “Food and Beverage Manager of the Year”, Hotel Cateys 2015
What makes Firmdale such a special place to work?
- Quarterly Champagne receptions and annual employee recognition awards
- Employee led committees allow you to have your say, generate ideas and make a difference
- Social events and team activities (bowling, quiz nights, netball teams and more)
- Wait, there’s more! Refer a friend bonus, volunteering and regular Manager catch-ups
If you are interested in the Chef Apprentice Programme, please click "Apply"
Applications will close on Tuesday 12th March 2019.
Interviews and selection days will take place on Wednesday 20th March 2019 with a start date of Monday 8th April 2019