Ideally located within 1-minute walking distance from Waterloo Station, the Union Jack Club is a charity for serving and former Non-Commissioned Members of the Armed Forces, providing a haven with all the facilities and more of a modern hotel in a relaxed and comfortable environment
2 Apprentice Chef positions are available to learn the preparation and cooking of all fresh ingredients on site. This will include meat, fish, poultry, vegetables, breakfast, banqueting and desserts. You will learn basic kitchen skills and in addition learn about food hygiene, health & safety, storage and cleaning.
The Apprentice Chef will:
- assist with the food preparation in an effective, efficient and productive manner, following instructions and under the guidance of senior chefs;
- assist in the preparation of mis-en-place before, and dishes during service;
- assist in keep working areas of the kitchen in clean, hygienic and safe condition, following guidance from staff to meet regulations and company procedures;
- assist in receiving, checking and storing goods to the expected standard to avoid waste.
- will contribute to the smooth running of the kitchen and to ensuring that members receive the standard of service they are promised.
- 5:30 am to 2 pm
- 6:00 am to 2:30 pm
- 7:30 am to 4 pm
- 1:30 pm to 10:00 pm
The chef apprenticeship would suit learners who are:
- Interested in practicing and developing the range of methods used in preparing a wide menu of British food;
- punctual, willing to arrive on time for the start of shift;
- willing to follow Club grooming standards;
- friendly and able to work professionally with colleagues;
- keen to learn new skills and gain knowledge.
- A motivated and 'can do' attitude
- An enthusiastic and positive approach to work and the team
- A real passion for British food
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
The Apprentice Chef will complete a 14-month Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship with Umbrella Training during their apprenticeship and successful apprentices will be offered a permanent Commis Chef position at the Union Jack Club on completion of the programme.
Job Type: Apprenticeship
Salary: £15,028.00 /year
Job Type: Full-time